Snoring is something that is today affecting half of the people living in this fast-paced world. The most difficult and frustrating thing is dealing with a partner who snores. This article has been written to tell you different ways of dealing with the problem of snoring. But first we will discuss the main reason why snoring occurs. Snoring is a problem that is caused due to small air passage within the palate and tongue. Because of the sleeping position, the tissues relax and create vibrating effect that causes snoring. Taking alcohol also causes snoring as alcohol allows muscles to relax so in such a situation tongue and palate are pushed back that leave an air passage which creates the snoring sound.
Taking medicines such as sleeping pills can also trigger snoring. It is always best to consult a doctor and taking advice from him while undergoing medications. Besides snoring, the snorer also suffers from certain other medical conditions e.g. sleep apnea and heart problem.
Below are given some of the snoring solutions which you can try if you really want to get rid of this problem.
- Elevation – Using multiple pillows while sleeping by stacking them one over another creates certain elevation that does not let snoring occur.
- Avoid drinking before going to the bed – You should not take drinks mixed with alcohol before sleeping, it acts as a muscle relaxant and triggers snoring.
- Say no to dairy products – The reason is they let cause mucous to buildup more.
- Adjust sleeping position – If you are sleeping on the other side of your bed, then snoring gets reduced, as the muscles in the windpipe will not be pushed back further.
- You can also take anti-snoring pills and use anti-snoring spray.
- Give up smoking – Smoking makes the snoring worse, as the smoking effect blocks the flow of the blood to the veins and major arteries. You face difficulty in breathing.
- Sleep taking soft pillow – This relaxes your muscles and also the air passage ways.
Use these tips and minimize snoring problems right now and sleep well.