Do you know that about 40 percent people in today’s population across the world are suffering from myopia? Myopia is nothing but an eye disorder in which a person becomes unable to see distant objects clearly. It can be caused due to many reasons such as reading and writing for long hours, watching television from short distance, playing games or spending more time in front of computer screens. It may also be caused from birth or hereditary reasons.
The scientific reason behind the occurrence of this condition is that the image which was supposed to be formed on retina will form before the retina. While the options available for vision correction include use of surgery and lenses, a myopic can also perform certain exercises to reduce eye strain…
Some tips to improve eyesight
- Working for long hours in front of computer is the major cause for weak eye sight. As we can’t avoid work, we should take small breaks in between like going for a small break or a small walk after every hour. This will definitely reduce the strain on our eyes.
- Myopia in reality cannot be cured accurately but to improve the condition of eyes, we should eat food rich in vitamin A, C, E and beta carotene. These food resources are very beneficial for the health of our eyes.
- Watching television while turning off lights also puts lots of strain on eyes. Hence it should be avoided.
- There are many people who read books while travelling. But actually this habit puts lot of strain on our eyes and leads to several eye problems.
- Green color is actually good for eyes. It relaxes our eyes and recovers vision. So to refresh your eye sight look at something green, whether it is a desktop wall paper, green wall, landscape or just take a walk in your garden to see the greenery around.
- Make a point on the wall and focus on that spot without straining your eyes. Keep on gazing for about 10-15 minutes. Repeat this activity daily to improve your vision and focus.
- Wash your eyes thoroughly with cold water every morning and night and keep proper hygiene so as to avoid eye infections.
Eyes are the most delicate part of our body. The best way to take proper care of them is by doing eye exercises. Execute these exercises and feel the difference within few days. If you still experience strained, blurred and any-other vision related symptoms, do consult an ophthalmologist.