Every person passes gas. We are simply made that way. There is no need to worry about. It is a natural phenomenon. When gas becomes chronic, few health disorders can develop. Excessive farting is one of them. It is a gas problem in which your flatus smells. The mixture of gases is known as flatus. Excessive farting is also known as flatulence. The flatulence is an expulsion of a mixture of gases that are byproducts of the digestion process of mammals and other animals. It is referred to “passing gas”. Gases are formed in large intestine when foods you eat are not digested and you have a problem in bowel movement. You can feel extreme pain in your stomach. It is an embarrassing ailment that makes you fearful to be around other people.
The causes of farting are –
- Eating junk foods and highly processed foods are the reasons behind excessive farting.
- Wrong coordination of sense organs and their objects also causes the problem.
- Wrong movement of doing exercise or not doing exercise lead to trouble in bowel movement.
- Certain health issues cause farting.
- Poor lifestyle and unhealthy weather conditions are also the causes of excessive farting.
The symptom of flatulence is repeated and there is uncontrollable urge to pass wind. The urge can be strong and some people get confused between the signal for passing wind and for defecating. The wind passed by flatulent people is foul-smelling because it has methane. Methane occurs due to indigestive foods.
The natural remedies to avoid farting are:
- You should do adequate amount of physical activity during the entire day for example, yoga, floor exercises and walking.
- Always chew food properly before swallowing. This will help your intestines and stomach to actually break down the food.
- Add half a teaspoon of ginger powder and salt to warm water. Drink the mixture to get relief from the gas.
- You should avoid eating too much potatoes, white breads, rice and beans.
- Pepper powder and lemon juice are beneficial to stop farting. Mix half a teaspoon pepper powder in lemon juice to get relief from the gas.
- Consume papaya which is beneficial for digestion.
- Avoid certain foods such as bananas, apples, cauliflower, onions and dairy products. Also do not have junk and spicy foods that are not good for your health.
- Do not drink water during meals or fifteen minutes after having it.
- Stop smoking and avoid drinking alcohol.
- Pepper mint tea is also an effective remedy to cure gas problem. There are other kinds of tea such as caraway tea, spearmint tea and anise tea.