Dandruff is a problem which generally occurs during winter season but what to do when someone gets this annoying problem in summers too. In summer season dandruff gets mildest in summer season. It can occur anywhere on the scalp and people with oily scalp tend to get plagued with it the most.
Excessive sweating on scalp generally causes summer dandruff but beside this, there are bounteous of causes which trigger summer dandruff.
Factors triggers summer dandruff
1. Lack of rest
2. Emotional stress
3. Poor hygiene
4. Improper nutrition
5. Hormonal imbalance
6. Allergic hypersensitive
7. Heredity predisposition
8. Excessive perspiration
9. Poor general health
10. Tension, anxiety and stress
11. Excessive use of hair coloring/styling products
12. Inadequate rinsing or infrequent shampooing of hair
Indications of Summer Dandruff
- Severe scalp itching
- Dry and flaky scalp skin
- Red and painful blisters on the scalp
I always get summer dandruff, what should I do?
1. We all experience dandruff in sometime in our lives and summer is the season which makes you sweat a lot and therefore gives you sticky and oily dandruff. There are ways by which you can get rid of this.
2. Lemon gives a feeling of freshness. So, squeeze a lemon in a mug of water and after shampooing rinse your hair with this. It’s cheapest, effective and easy to do.
3. Mix amla juice and lime juice in equal parts. Apply it over your scalp; leave it on scalp for overnight. Wash it next morning with cold water gives you relief from itchy dandruff.
4. Apply onion juice on all over your scalp for 30 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
5. Mix 2 tbsp of water in two beaten eggs. Apply it on moist hair for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off after 30 minutes helps in the prevention of dandruff.
Tips to Beat Summer Dandruff
- Never comb wet hair as it augments the severity of dandruff.
- Excessive perspiration causes dandruff, so, wash your hair twice a week and get dandruff free hair.
- Never wash your hair with hot water because it makes your scalp more oily and itchy.
- Have a well balanced diet and go for hair oil massage at least once a week.
So, as the article is about to be wrapped up, I suggest you to go for these solutions and beat the itchy and oily summer dandruff. Have a happy and healthy scalp!