Who does not want to have a bright smile with shiny teeth? Having shining and brightening teeth brings confidence and improves your personality.
There is natural enamel on your teeth. When the bacteria and germs begin to ruin this layer, a sticky and colorless film is formed on your teeth called plaque. This leads to tooth decay and cavity.
When going to buy a toothpaste or tooth gel, make sure that it contains –
- Carbamide peroxide. This ingredient reacts with other ingredients and breaks down into hydrogen peroxide. It acts as a cleanser and wipe off the dirty layer from your teeth.
- Fluoride- fluoride keeps your teeth stronger and prevents cavity. So make sure that your toothpaste contains essential amount of fluoride.
- Baking soda is also an essential element for toothpaste.
Many of us don’t know the right way of brushing the teeth. Always choose a medium hard bristled and small headed toothbrush and brush your teeth gently with round motions and small back and forth strokes. Brush for at least 2 to 4 minutes and pay extra attention to the gum line. Clean your tongue also for the sake of fresh breath. Replace your brush after every three months or when it begins to show wear. If you have cold change the brush because the bristles gather the germs and cause re-infection.
Dentists have recommended that there are some rules and regulations also that you should follow:
- Brushing and flossing twice daily keeps your teeth healthy and remove the plague
- Avoid fizzy and alcoholic drinks
- Use desensitizing toothpaste
- Avoid acidic food. Eat a diet that is full of calcium.
- Avoid smoking and tobacco products
- Avoid stimulants like tea and coffee
- Rinse your mouth gently after eating
- Don’t chew hard objects
- Drink lots of milk and milky products
10. Sanitize your teeth equipments. Keep your brush and its cap clean and dry.
11. Always brush your teeth with soft hands to avoid cuts and wounds.
12. If you have any cut or wound on your gums, heal them immediately.
13. A regular dental checkup will prevent you from tooth decay and gum disease.
Teeth are meant to last lifelong. So they deserve a proper care for years to come. Taking care of teeth is not only essential in your childhood but it is necessary throughout your life.