Experiencing fits of backache too often?? Well, do not neglect such occurrences ever! They may be a consequence of an underlying greater tension or trouble, so proper diagnosis and treatment is very necessary for obtaining a healthier body.
Backache is, in fact, quite a menace for a majority of the population. One way is to bear up with the pain and the other is to do away with it altogether. First of all, it is important to identify the root cause behind your pain.
What causes backaches? Here are some possible reasons:
- Displacement or rupture of discs in the vertebral column
- Strain or pressure in lower back muscles
- Some sort of tension in the spinal nerves
- Injury of bones, ligaments or joints
The causes vary, but it is important to locate the kind of pain affecting your body. If it’s of a chronic nature, do not waste time and visit a doctor at the earliest.
We can distinguish back pain into the following three categories:
- Axial Lower Back Pain- felt on the lower back, it varies greatly from person to person. Sharp at times and light during others, the pain could get worse during vigorous activities. Whatever be the cause, always consult a doctor if it persists for a longer period of time.
- Radicular Lower Back Pain- Initiating at the lower portion of your back, it normally extends to the entire abdominal area gradually. Here, the leg pain gets worse than backache over time. Nerve compression could be a possible reason behind it, so get proper treatment if you are victim of this discomfort.
- Lower Back Pain with Referred Pain-This is a midway condition between the two kinds already discussed. It is similar to axial pain, but radiates to lower portion like Radicular. However, it rarely extends below the knees, so proper identification is very essential for proper treatment.
This differentiation is aimed to help you find out the reason behind our pain accurately. So, ensure to locate the cause well before you pop in pills. Any kind of improper medication is very hazardous for the entire body, so be cautious.
All said, remember that an active lifestyle and nutritious food can resolve the severest of health hazards. Health is your greatest asset, so prize it beyond anything. A little effort on your side is beneficial and fruitful in enhancing the body’s defence system.